Should I upload a property release to my photo?
A property release is a permission given by the Property Owner of a location/property, brand or product recognisable on your photo. Learn more about property releases in our article, What is a Photo Release and When Do You Need it?
You will have to track down the Property Owner in order to ask for a release. However, this can be very tricky and there is no guarantee they will sign. Therefore, we recommend editing your photos or adjusting them while you shoot to avoid needing a release. For tips on editing logos out of images, check out our article, How to Edit Logos and Brands Out of Your Photos and Why It Could Make You Money
If you already have an existing property release or know that you can get one signed, then you should definitely go ahead. EyeEm accepts property releases from most other large stock sites in PDF/JPG format.
You may also download and fill out the form provided by EyeEm:
How do I upload a property release?
To upload a property release for your photo, follow these simple steps:
- Get a property release signed by the Property Owner and scan it to a file
- Login to your account on EyeEm on the web
- Navigate to the image that you want to upload a property release to
- Select "Upload" on the property release request
- Select "Upload release" and select your property release file
- Hit "Next" — you are done!