A model release is required if a face or part of the body is recognizable in your photo. We are especially careful and safe when it comes to children, so we are stricter when it comes to releases. We still need a release even if it is a silhouette and taken from the back.
A property release is required if there are any identifiable private or public buildings/ landmarks in the photo. Intellectual property will also need a release from the brand owner featured. This includes: logos, trademarks, product designs or artwork.
If your model appears in more than one photo, you can send out multiple releases:
• Log on to EyeEm on the web, open the notifications pane and go to your To Dos
• Click “Releases for multiple photos”
• Select all photos that show the same person
• Click next and fill out the model’s name
• Click next and share the link with your model
We prefer releases that are sent through EyeEm, however, if you already have a signed release from another stock photography platform, you can upload it as a PDF.
It is also possible to upload PDF releases created with the Easy Release app.
At the moment, we do not accept PDF releases for properties, but we hope to implement this in the near future.